Our vision is to transform VPB into a data led organization by providing the data platform and data products to provide ability to consistently analyze, report and query information to make timely decisions using standardized Enterprise Data & Analytics applications capabilities; enable data and analytics driven culture at VPB through stable and flexible architecture that supports sourcing of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data & tools; meet future regulatory, strategic and operational data management requirements by enhancing the current data management capabilities.
As the Data Architect, he/she will use his/her specialist skills and knowledge to define and deliver data solutions and bringing together multiple teams across the Business, the Data Governance, Data Engineer/ML Engineer and Data Analytics team with a mission to deliver on the vision.
1. Define future state of data usage in the organization
- Establish pattern/standard for data architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group
- Create and maintain current- and target-state data architectures
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities
- Work with IT teams/Data teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics
- Lead collaborative team working with other areas to ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes, and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service
- Identify and communicate appropriate resource requirements and work breakdown structure based on skills profile and best fit to complete the end-to-end solution design, and work with the project manager to ensure that project plans and finances align with the design
- Participate from time to time in the supplier selection process, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations
- Drive project knowledge back to the enterprise data model and ensure that it evolves correctly
- Lead the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence
2. Analyze and Evaluate Technology, especially in Data domain
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Guides technology investment decisions based on analysis and evaluation to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Assists with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance of projects and products.
- Oversee and facilitates the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
3. Lead and Collaborate to Deliver Business Outcomes
- Lead the data design of solutions for large projects and programs; through expert knowledge translate high-level business requirements into data models and appropriate metadata, test data, and data quality standards.
- Work as part of the program management team on large program, governing and shaping the delivery of projects. Work closely with external suppliers to ensure the solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements.
- Creates and delivers working, production-ready reference implementations that can be leveraged easily by agile teams.
- Collaborates with business constituents, project teams and staff in various functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- Documents necessary enterprise technology architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
- Responsible throughout the entire project lifecycle for the end-to-end solution of the project and compliance with enterprise data model and logical data groups
- Provide clear, continuous, and consistent data architecture leadership at a detailed level within the project.
- Ensure the end-to-end solution is fit for purpose, meet the needs of business, the agreed requirements, and are both pragmatic and supportive of the strategic architecture direction.